Thursday 28 January 2016

Wednesday Market

On Wednesday afternoons after school (3 o'clock), the students at La Paz International School organize and operate a local market. The kids and parents operate stalls and they bring in local suppliers. It takes place at the school. Extra curricular activities are happening here and there and other kids are just hanging out. The atmosphere is wonderful. The market is excellent.

The school itself makes me think of Roleystone Primary School in Perth, Australia. It has many outdoor learning areas and small classrooms. The curriculum is International Baccalaureate approved, and project based. Kid's art is all over, as is evidence of projects underway. I'm quite sure I would love working here.

Students run some of the stalls.


Others are obviously run by local producers.


This is a large Guanacaste tree, right in the middle of everything.


I did not have poutine, but I did have a cup of home made ice cream.


No comments:

Post a Comment