Friday 23 January 2015

Sumidero Canyon

Today we are in Chiapas State. We stopped to go on a boat ride. It turns out that this is a famous location, and it is quite beautiful. This canyon is actually on the Chiapas State crest. At one point, the bank is one kilometre high, reminiscent of Milford Sound in New Zealand. 

Off we go.

The boat was quite speedy, nd the trip was several kilometres long.
Along the way we spotted crocodiles, monkeys, many birds, and two very high diving platforms. I'm not sure I would dive into water where crocodiles live.

Unfortunately, when I was climbing into the boat, I fell and then my camera started to act wonky. I was worried that I had damaged it. Turns out that the battery was going flat. All is well, but I missed some pictures.

This formation was called the Christmas Tree.

Deb jumped in front of the camera.

Just a pretty picture

No comments:

Post a Comment